Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A poem...

Ten after ten, Wednesday AM
The sun is out
the kids are bussed
my hair is combed
no longer mussed

The stuff is placed
my breakfast et
Jeff's out the door
the garbage set

The house is quiet
then my cell rings
my Love's stuck in traffic
I'm checking bing

Reroute the husband
from central command
switch back to my email
and other demands

The dog starts barking
another ring on the phone
I start to panic
"They" know I'm alone

How much will I accomplish
how much can I do
if the phone keeps on ringing
as I try to wade through

as the dog barks a warning
of garbage can crime
as the computer freezes up
as I lose all my time

The sun is still shining
it's 10 after 10
the day seems it's mine
but it's really all "Them"

A deep breath, another
I’ll muddle on through
and keep checking things off
of my list of  to do.

~ Amy Graves 9-08-10

No comments:

Post a Comment